The WEST BENGAL POLICE RECRUITMENT BOARD announced the Job notification, the board has mentioned the job vacancies 8632 for the post of Police Constable. Under the job notification of 2021, all the candidates who have completed the Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent in the required subjects are only eligible to apply. The desired candidates are selected based on merit. Firstly, the interview is being held and then the candidate is selected. The candidates selected to get salary pay of Pay Scale of Level-6 in the pay matrix [Rs. 22,700 - Rs.58,500] per month. All the interested candidates can apply online by 20th February 2021.
- Must be a Citizen of India.
- AGE: The applicant must not be less than 18 (eighteen) years old and must not be more than 27 (twenty-seven) years old as of 01/01/2021. The Upper-age limit shall be relaxed for the SC/ST applicants of West Bengal only by 05 (five) years and OBC applicants of West Bengal only by 03 (three) years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for NVF and Home Guards Personnel (serving in West Bengal Police only) as per existing Government Rules. However, Age relaxation is NOT available to Civic Volunteers.
No.of Vacancies :
|Sl. No.||Category (Sub-category)||Constable||Lady Constable|
|4||Scheduled Caste (E.C.)||560||90|
|6||Scheduled Tribe (E.C.)||160||26|
|Total||7440 + 1192 = 8632|
Total vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to marginal changes
Educational Qualification :
- The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
- For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official Language Act, 1961 will be applicable.
Methods of Recruitment :
The posts of Constable/Lady Constable in the West Bengal Police shall be filled up on the basis of qualifying the
Preliminary Written Test which will act as screening examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test
(PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Written Examination, and Interview to be conducted by the West
Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
- Preliminary Written Test (Full Marks - 100)
- PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT TEST (PMT)
- PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET)
- FINAL WRITTEN EXAMINATION Full Marks – 85
- INTERVIEW Full Marks - 15
- Verification of Character Antecedent
- Medical Examination
Application Fees & Processing Fees:
The following Application and/or Processing fees have been fixed.
|Sl. No.||Category (Sub-category)||Application Fee||Processing Fee||
Total Amount Payable
|1||All categories except
Tribe (of West Bengal only)
|Rs. 150||Rs. 20||Rs. 170|
(West Bengal only)
|Nil||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
(West Bengal only)
How to Apply :
The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends the facilities of both on-line and off-line submission of applications
- On-line submission: - Applicants will be able to submit application under this mode using the website wbpolice.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature.
- Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through on-line mode.
- Payment of Application and/or Processing Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank.
- Fees can also be paid through different e-wallets and Bharat QR and UPI App.
- An amount of Rs. 5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking/e-wallet/other App facilities.
Last Date to Apply :
- Application window for submitting application through on-line mode or downloading of off-line application form with printed challan of Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India)/India Post will
remain operative for the period 22.01.2021 to 20.02.2021 (5 P.M.).
- However, the last date for depositing Application and/or Processing Fees only in respect of on-line applicants using Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India) challan, will be 23.02.2021.