How to start a banking job after graduation?
May 8, 2021
Table of Contents
Banking jobs are said to be one of the most relaxing as well as the most prestigious jobs in India. Working in banks can be rewarding each day. Banking jobs not only offer a decent salary but also so many perks including travel allowance, house rent, medical insurance, and so on. Every year lacs of people prepare for banking jobs because of its offerings. A graduation degree is needed to start planning for banking jobs.
PERKS OF BANKING JOBS
- Along with salary, they have numerous allowances for petrol, telephone, house rent, entertainment, newspaper, canteen, medical and so on. It is one of the most royal jobs in India, offering so much.
- The timing of the job is fixed,i.e mostly 9 to 5 jobs. It is one of the most attractive things about banking jobs as they don't have to sit or extend for long every day. Their time is fixed.
- Numerous opportunities are always opened in banking jobs. If the person is ambitious, then he/she can easily excel in there banking industry, leading to an outstanding career in the very next lane.
- The working conditions in any banking jobs are excellent. One can sit in an AC Cabin and work easily. They have flexible lunchtimes and canteens to spend their breaks and enjoy the moments. They have a complete facility to relax.
- Working in the banking sector means numerous learnings and continuous education. The banking sector gives the right amount of offers and opportunities to attain higher education while working in the banking sector itself. Thus, it is one of those jobs which offers a complete package to its employees
TYPES OF BANKING JOBS
Though people know a few of the jobs in the Banking sectors which are mainly PO Administration jobs, there are many other sectors in banking, where the jobs are available. They mainly include Consumer Banking Jobs, Compliance Jobs, commercial banking jobs, human resources jobs, operations, and accounting jobs, public relations and marketing jobs, and so on. These job positions could be secured with the SO exams and preparations.
A bank also requires people who deliver financial services, manages employee placements, bookkeeping, and financial analysis, promoting bank products and services, and a lot more. Thus, there is various profile available in the banking sectors.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR BANK JOBS
There are basically two types of banking jobs. The first one is those jobs where a resume is required, with certain degrees and eligibilities. And the other jobs, which include clearing of exams such as PO, Clerks, and SOs exams.
Both of these kinds of jobs required different preparations. If one is looking for the first kind of job, then all a person needs to do is to decide a position for which he/she wants to apply. Then create a resume as per the job requirement, once created, do a little bit of research before applying for the position and then apply, if everything seems fine.
If a person would like to avail of the jobs in the banks by clearing certain exams, then the main exams they need to clear are PO Exam (Probationary exams), SO Exam (Special Officers exams), or Clerks exams. These exams are common for all the banks which came under the public sector and for private sector banks, they have their different exams usually. RBI also has its own set of exams to clear in order to get a job in the bank.
Thus, if one needs to prepare for bank jobs, the first thing to do is to identify the specific positions, he/she has to grab the opportunity and then, start preparing for it, by doing certain research and planning.
EXAMS FOR BANKING JOBS
There are various different exams for banking jobs which one can look into. Most of them are SBI Clerk/PO/SO, IBPS Clerk/PO/SO, RBI PO, RRB Clerk/PO/SO, and other sus=bsidiary bodies exam. Though the syllabus and exam pattern for most of them are the same, one could find a little difference in these exams, but that can be covered easily.
NABARD and RBI Officer level exams are other exams to be taken care.
Each exam related to the bank is usually divided into three major phases which include the preliminary exams which consist of common aptitude, reasoning, and English papers.
Another phase includes the mains exam in which along with maths, subjective papers also includes which are general knowledge and language papers. Once this phase is cleared, then the final phase includes the interview phase.
All the knowledge related to banking and general knowledge could be asked in the interview along with current affairs. Thus, there are three major phases of any banking exams, which one needs to work on.
TIPS FOR PREPARATION
As mentioned above, for PO Exams, there are common exams for most of the public sector banks, conducted by the government body known as IBPS. The exam is also known as IBPS PO Exam. This exam mainly deals with five of the most common subjects which are known to be the most common syllabus while preparing for the examinations.
The most common five sectors include general English, quantitative aptitude, computer knowledge, reasoning, and numerical ability. Once you have hands-on in these sectors, nothing can stop you from cracking the exams for any of the banks identified in India.
In fact, for RBI Exams and RRB Exams, the syllabus is almost the same with just a little difference which can be taken care of at a later stage. RS Agarwal is the book best known for aptitude and numerical ability. For other subjects, one can easily get enormous material on the internet else there are thousands of coaching classes available that help in preparing certain exams for banking. One can join those classes too.
It is very easy to prepare for bank exams, the only thing to make sure is one must be consistent in their preparations and paths will open by themselves.
Latest Government Jobs
- BEML LIMITED Junior Executive Recruitment 2021
- Indo Danish Tool Room CML,Moulding,CG,Milling,Planning Helper,Press,SG Recruitment 2021
- Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education (ICFRE) Conservator of Forests,Deputy Conservator of Forests Recruitment 2021
- Shri Vishwakarma Skill University Dean,Librarian Recruitment 2021
- Indian Institute Of Technology Mandi Technical Officer,Sports Officer,Junior Technical Superintendent,Junior Superintendent,Junior Engineer,Junior Laboratory Assistant,Junior Assistant Recruitment 2021
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) Professor,Associate Professor,Additional Professor,Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
- Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited Trainee Recruitment 2021
- Goa Shipyard Limited Consultant Recruitment 2021
- HSCC Limited Engineering Professionals Recruitment 2021
- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd Legal Assistant Recruitment 2021
- BALMER LAWRIE AND COMPANY LIMITED Chief Manager,Operations,Marketing,Deputy Manager,Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021
- North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) Research Scientist,Senior Research Fellow,Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- State Bank Of India Junior Associates Recruitment 2021
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Technical Assistant,Junior Office Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Research Associate Recruitment 2021
- Indian Statistical Institute Junior Project Fellow (JPF) Recruitment 2021
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited Director Recruitment 2021
- BROADCAST ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS INDIA LIMITED Investigator,Supervisors,System Analyst,Senior Domain Expert,Junior Domain Expert,Multi-Tasking Staff-MTS,Subject Matter ExpertSME,Professional Recruitment 2021
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL) Junior Manager,Executive,Executive Manager Recruitment 2021
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Technical Officer,Admin,Purchase,Finance Recruitment 2021
- IDFC First Bank Business Finance Analyst,Retail Banking Recruitment 2021
- Bhartiya Bal Vikas Nigam Clerk,Accountant,Audit Officer,Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Eastern Railway Nurse,Lab Assistant,Pharmacist Recruitment 2021
- Madras High Court Copyist Attender,Office Assistant,Sanitary worker,Gardener,Watchman,Night watchman,Waterman & Waterwomen,Masalchi,Sweeper,Scavenger Recruitment 2021
- High Court Of Gujarat stenographer Recruitment 2021
- Indian Overseas Bank Senior Economist Recruitment 2021
- Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development & Design Centre Junior Assistant,Scientific Assistant,Store Keeper Recruitment 2021
- Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research Scientific Officer,Technical Officer,stenographer,clerk,Driver,Security Guard,Canteeen Attendent,Work Assistant,Stipendiary Trainee Recruitment 2021
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal Scientific Officer,Placement Officer,Medical Officer,Technical Officer,Nurse,Technician,Junior Hindi Translator,Office Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Teacher Recruitment 2021
- India Meteorological Department Scientist Recruitment 2021
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Executive Director Recruitment 2021
- State Bank Of India Manager Recruitment 2021
- Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd. Merchant Banker,Research Analysts,System Officer,Secretarial Officer – Dealer,Secretarial Officer – Trainee Recruitment 2021
- Punjab National Bank Manager Security Recruitment 2021
- Reserve Bank of India Recruitment of Officers in Grade B Recruitment 2021
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute Manufacturing Expert Recruitment 2021
- Indian Plywood Industries Research and Training Institute(IPIRTI) Junior Project Fellow (JPF) Recruitment 2021
- The National Institute of Biologicals Junior Hindi Translator,Assistant Recruitment 2021
- ICAR-KLE Krishi Vigyan Kendra Senior Scientist & Head Recruitment 2021
- West Bengal Police Recruitment Board Constable,Lady Constable Recruitment 2021
- UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited Team Lead,Team Member Recruitment 2021
- J. C. Bose University of Science and Technology Technician,Clerk,Store Keeper,Jr. Stenographer,Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Directorate of Sainik Welfare & Resettlement Director Recruitment 2021
- TAMIL NADU SLUM CLEARANCE BOARD Office Assistant Recruitment 2021
- ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cattle Assistant,Junior Accounts Officer Recruitment 2021
- Government Of TamilNadu Driver Recruitment 2021
- BRAITHWAITE & CO.LTD Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021
- HOOGHLY COCHIN SHIPYARD LIMITED Accountant Recruitment 2021
May 8, 2021
How to write a blog in your own words?
A blog is a precise method to publish stories, articles, and insights about your business. Blogging is a great way to upswing the traffic, conversion rates, and credibility of the...
May 8, 2021
Best Ways to Keep Yourself Connected with Your Coworkers When You Are Working from Home
We all are acquainted with working from home, and we’re here to discuss innovative tips and strategies to keep corporate structure alive. However, this is not suitable for the same...
May 6, 2021
5 Ways The INSTAGRAM Will Help You Get More Business in 2021 - Read Now
Instagram sees 1 billion active users which is a huge number. Thus, many companies and businesses are joining Instagram to promote their business.
May 8, 2021
How to promote your business on Facebook
Facebook as a very important marketing tool for small businesses as well as large businesses. Facebook is one of the most reliable social media platforms
Leave a Reply here